Postmodernism is a movement in the fields of art and architecture, it developed as a response to the characteristic of modernism; simple and rational. It challenges the values of societies and it’s traditional cultural.
Inspiration was taken from the historical styles and changed it up. In other words, postmodernism doesn’t have a particular style.
- Merging previous styles with a touch of cosmopolitan feel
- Superficial lavishing
- Collage, photomontage in graphics
- Playing with the forms
- Covers a wide range of art forms.
- Using of layers, an odd constitution of surfaces, shapes and features.
- Vivid colours
- Works of drama, architecture, cinema literature and design.
Alexander Mcqueen Spring 2010 Ready to wear
This collection is mostly in petite dresses worked into a nipped-waist, belled-skirt silhouette, sea-reptile-patterned with digitally printing on and paired with grotesque shoes. The colours are surrounded with blue and aqua palette moulded across panniered structures. A combination of having historical victorian gowns’ silhouetteand a touch of futuristic style.
modern and futuristic feel to it, with the graphics, pattern and structure.
‘Post modernism’ FC073 week 4 lecture, VLE Kaplan International, Olive Peake viewed: 08/2/17op culture